(adopted from a recipe found here.)
This soup is extremely hearty. You will definitely serve yourself more than you can eat – or you will eat it, and feel uncomfortably full afterwards.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- dried thyme
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your cauliflower and broccoli on a baking sheet with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix together to coat.
- Wrap the garlic head in tin foil and place on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes – taking out and tossing half way through.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot. Add the onions, carrot, parsnip and celery. Saute for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add seasonings. I added a lot. I’ve developed a bad habit of eye-balling ingredients.
- Saute until fragrant.
- Add water and bouillon cube with the bay leaf and garlic. Bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and simmer for 10 more minutes, then remove bay leaf.
- Now whip out the handy-dandy food processor, and slowly add the soup and process until smooth.
- If the soup has cooled down, add it back to the pot to re-heat.