Another quickie dinner – as long as you don’t mind waiting for brown rice to cook. You can always replace it with quinoa, or serve the fish on a nice spinach salad.
Lemon Pepper Fish and Rice
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 2 fillet white fish
- lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
Optional Caper Dressing: minced shallot, capers, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix together and store in the fridge until everything is done cooking.
- Cook the brown rice.
- Chop up veggies. Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add veggies, shallots and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes and then add the veggie stock.
- Heat oil in a second pan. Season one side of the fish with lemon pepper seasoning and salt and pepper. (if the fillets are too big to both fit in the pan, fold them in half.)
- Toss the cooked rice into the pan with the veggie stock. Turn the heat down low and let simmer/fry. Stir occasionally.
- Place the fish in the second pan, seasoned side down. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the fish then flip over. Pour the wine in the pan and cover.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes. Be sure not to over cook.
- Place rice on a plate, top with the fish and drizzle the caper dressing on top.