Here is my second attempt at this damn dip. I think I did good. The additional lime juice really helps.
Babaganoush Part 2
- 2 eggplants, peeled, diced
- 3 garlic gloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add half the eggplant. Cook until translucent.
- Add cooked eggplant to the food processor.
- Place the rest of the eggplant and garlic in the pan with more olive oil. Cook until translucent.
- The eggplant will absorb lots of oil. If you want to use less oil, add some water to the pan and place a lid over top to steam.
- Add cooked eggplant and garlic to the food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Add tahini, cumin, lime juice and rice vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper until you like it.