This is good if you are looking for a protein-filled dinner or lunch. You can make this vegetarian by replacing the ground turkey with veggie ground or use just the quinoa.
Peppers Stuffed w/ Ground Turkey
- 2 large peppers, seeded, cut length-wise
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 lb ground turkey, cooked through
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 pepper, chopped
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
- olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa and ground turkey in a frying pan.
- Add the veggies and seasonings and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Stuff mixture into the peppers, and maybe sprinkle with some sharp cheddar if that’s what you’re into.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Tip: there will be leftovers.