(adopted from the recipe found here.)
I made a huge batch of this and just scooped out a big spoonful each day for lunch. Lunch is my arch nemesis.
Roasted Veggie Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 yam, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 zucchini, sliced into coins
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- olive oil
- 1 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Dice up all of your veggies.
- Place yams on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and toss. Bake for another 10 minutes. If the yams look nice and roasted, take out and place in a bowl.
- Place zucchini on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out and add to the yams.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil. Add the chickpeas and garlic. Fry until the chickpeas have dried up a bit and start looking brown. Add the green onions.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl with the yams and zucchini. Mix in the parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and turmeric. I like adding turmeric where I can because it makes everything a lovely yellow colour and it’s really good for you.
- Mix the dressing until combined. Add some water if it needs to be thinned out.
- Pour dressing into the bowl and mix. Let cool and refrigerate (or eat warm!).