Turns out that going to the gym after work takes up a lot of my time. Must figure out how to wake up earlier in the morning and not hate my life.
Anyway, I came home tonight and had zero energy, plus a million things to do (including blogging!). So I threw together this quickie dinner. I know that the pesto is technically a cheat, but cheese was the 6th ingredient in it. So I figured I was still ok. Plus it’s PESTO. Pesto from COOMBS. You know?
I had boiled up some split mung beans earlier this week just out of curiosity. I had bought them a while ago with no idea what they would be good for. So I boiled them, had a taste, felt like they would make an excellent rice substitute, and then put them in the fridge. Thank goodness! Leftover mung beans saved the day. Oh, and they would be great for curried dishes, or making veggie frittatas with.
- 1 cup pre-cooked split mung beans *
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- some sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp pesto
* To cook mung beans, boil together 3 cups of water with 1 cup beans. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Heat up oil in pan.
- Pour some mung beans onto heated pan.
- Once the mung beans are heated, add the tomatoes and peppers.
- Fry for maybe 2 or 3 minutes, depending on how hungry you are. Then add pesto and arugula at the same time.
- Saute until arugula is wilted.
- Then eat it while huddled over the computer and blog about more food.