This is a very light and fresh tasting dish, but surprisingly filling. I had the leftovers for lunch today and I didn’t even feel hungry by the time I got home from work. Add whatever vegetables you would like.
Tofu and Asparagus Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
- zucchini, chopped
- baby squash, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- extra-firm tofu, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor combine asparagus and veggie broth. Process until smooth.
- In a medium sauce pan, saute garlic and shallots in oil on medium heat.
- Add asparagus broth and bring to a simmer, then add green onions. Simmer.
- In a large pan, fry the tofu until a bit golden, then add mushrooms and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and baby squash and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Fry for another two minutes.
- Pour sauce over the tofu and veggies.
- Salt and pepper to taste.