So this was a very quick meal that was made while beer was being consumed. And it still turned out really, really well! I would definitely make this one again.
Stuffed Chicken and Quinoa w/ Spinach
- chicken breasts (however many you need/want)
- handful of white button mushrooms, chopped
- some red pepper, chopped
- some zucchini, chopped
- some fresh basil, chopped
- some olive tapanade (probably pre-made, unless you know how!)
- fresh spinach, rinsed
- green onions, sliced
- garlic, chopped
- Preheat that oven! Around 375.
- Ok, take those lovely chicken breasts one at a time and place them on a piece of parchment paper.
- Now take another sheet of parchment paper and place it on top of that little guy.
- Grab a heavy rolling pin (or something similar) and beat that chicken. Flatten him out a bit.
- Grab a sharp knife and try to slice that chicken breast in half, but leave it attached so that it’s kind of like a taco. Gross.
- Shove the mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and basil in the middle of each chicken breast and top off with the olive tapanade.
- Close up the chicken with some toothpicks.
- Place in oven for twenty or twenty five minutes. However long you’d like.
- In the meantime, cook up some quinoa. When it gets to the boiling point, add your green onions and garlic.
- When most of the water has evaporated and you are just letting it sit, add in the spinach.
- Stir in spinach to wilt.
- Serve with chicken!