There comes a point in every person’s fridge when you know you need to use up some vegetables before they go bad. This always means SOUP!!! Soup is the best. And it’s my favourite thing to bring to work for lunch.
Cauliflower and Lentil Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- some red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- handful of rosemary, chopped
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 pinches of red chili flakes
- 1 package of veggie broth seasoning
- seasoning salt to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot. Add your onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Next throw in the cauliflower and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add about 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a simmer. Add broccoli, carrots and veggie broth seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add chili flakes, celery, red pepper and lentils. Bring to a simmer.
- Add seasoning salt to taste.