Another easy dish that makes perfect leftovers. Just keep in mind that on this diet, you are only supposed to indulge in brown rice on days that you’ve exercised. If you are trying to avoid rice brown or not, throw this on some quinoa or fresh spinach.
- olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 5 sticks asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- sesame seeds
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- Red chili flakes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms until they have softened a bit. You may have to add more olive oil. The mushrooms absorb it quickly.
- Add the asparagus along with sesame seeds, sesame oil (roughly 2 tsp), soy sauce (roughly 1 tbsp) and a couple of pinches of the red chili flakes.
- Saute for about 5 minutes. You want the asparagus to stay crisp!
- Serve on top of brown rice.