One of the easiest things to make and eat for leftovers is soup. It just gets better with time! Heat up for lunch or dinner the next day. The beans in this soup make it extra filling. Feel free to add extra vegetables or seasonings.
White Bean & Spinach Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock (low sodium, low fat)
- 1 can (19 oz) of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and beans, bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in spinach and green onions.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.