Hummus is a great snack, and an even better addition for dipping veggies for that afternoon hunger pang. One of my favourite things about making my own hummus is the seemingly endless varieties you can make.
This version is really simple and delicious!
- 1 can of chickpeas (or equivalent of dried/cooked)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- olive oil (depends on how smooth you want your hummus)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (or more if you love lemon!)
- 1 avocado, insides scooped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Place chickpeas, garlic and about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a food processor.
- Process on low until mixed.
- Add some lemon juice and the insides of the avocado.
- Sprinkle in some salt and pepper.
- Process on high until smooth.
- Manually stir in cherry tomatoes.